Richland Seniors Association
Welcome to the Richland Seniors Association website. The Richland Senior Association (RSA) is a Washington nonprofit corporation with IRS-501(c)(3) tax-exempt status incorporated November 1, 1995.
The mission of the RSA is to serve as a catalyst for senior synergy seeking ways to improve the quality of life for mature adults in the Tri-Cities, Washington area. That means developing social, educational, and strategic opportunities of all kinds to help people avoid isolation and maintain psychological and physical health. Empowering seniors, their adult children, and their families to become informed about common issues and challenges associated with aging enables strategic planning that mitigates having to make decisions in crisis and chaos.
The RSA works with individuals, existing retirement communities, other non-profit organizations, and governmental agencies to develop programs and activities serving needs today while building a roadmap for the future.
The RSA currently sponsors the following regularly scheduled activities and initiatives:
• 1st Wednesday dinner at the Emerald of Siam Thai restaurant featuring live music, with a percentage of all sales between 6 to 8 pm donated by owner Dara Quinn to the RSA;
• 3rd Thursday Educational series, presenting talks by subject matter experts on wide array of topical issues and subjects;
• 3rd Friday Dances at the Richland Community Center;
• 4th Friday Potluck dinners offering people to renew existing friendships and develop new ones;
• Monthly trips and tours to places of interest;
• Annual Holiday Bazaar;
• Seminar programs developed in association with local senior-oriented businesses to inform;
• The Sound Barrier Initiative (SBI) to assist qualified seniors in the purchase of hearing aids;
• Travel Scholarship Fund enabling financially restricted seniors to participate in RSA travel events;
• Tri-Cities Scholarship for Geriatric Studies $25,000 endowment established with Washington State University to provide scholarship support to nursing students with a commitment to geriatric service.
These are only a few examples of how the RSA is pursuing fulfillment of its mission. You are encouraged to become a Member and add your personality, skills and expertise to the process while having fun in the process. You will find additional information throughout this website. Everything ranging from a calendar of events, a photo gallery, contact information, links to other important websites, and much more! Browse the site and be sure to check back often as frequent updates will be made!